It is absolutely possible in windows. You can do it by adding a policy to the chrome browser using Registry Editor.
- Click the Windows button and search for Registry Editor
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies
- Right-click on Policies and select New > Key and name it Google
- Create another key under Google (right-click on it > New > Key)using the same method and name it Chrome and then click on it
- Right-click anywhere on the right side, and create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it AllowDeletingBrowserHistory with no spaces.
- Double-click on it, and change the Value data to 0
- Click OK, and close the chrome browser if it is open.
You might want to disable the Incognito mode as well. You can do it similarly by creating another registry entry at the same location named IncognitoModeAvailability and setting its Value data to 1.